Monday, October 15, 2007

 

Three poems in urbancode #3

The third issue of a fascinating new journal on the arts scene in DC, urbancode, includes three of my poems. You can download the PDF if issue #3 here: http://groups.google.com/group/urbancode-magazine-pdf/files?hl=en

One of the poems, "Harry," is in the voice of my great uncle, who spent several years at the VA state mental hospital in Staunton, VA. Just back last night from Staunton for my cousin's wedding. I'd forgotten it was the location of the old hospital; my cousin just happened to land there. But my sister Rachel reminded me that she'd told me the story of seeing Harry's name in a state register. So the poem's dedicated to Rachel and my cousin William, who showed her the book, as well as to the memory of my great uncle Harry.

For a free subscription to urbancode, email urbancodemag@gmail.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?