Wednesday, July 25, 2007
1st issue of the Delaware Poetry Review now on line!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Dennis Forney (302) 645-7700 firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW ONLINE JOURNAL FEATURES DELMARVA POETS
The first issue of the Delaware Poetry Review, an online magazine featuring new works from the Mid-Atlantic region, is now available. Beautifully designed, easy to navigate, and free, the Delaware Poetry Review publishes a wide range of poets, including:
- Fleda Brown, Poet Laureate of Delaware
- Nin Andrews, author of 5 books of poems, including Sleeping with Houdini
- Beth Joselow, author of 8 books of poems, most recently Begin at Once
- Jamie Brown, owner of John Milton & Company Books and founder of the John Milton Poetry Festival
- Rich Boucher, award-winning slam poet and co-coordinator of the Open Mic and Slam at the Crimson Moon Tavern in Wilmington
- Martin Galvin, author of Wild Card, winner of the Columbia Poetry Prize
- Ann Colwell, Associate Professor of English at the University of Delaware
- Ben Greer, author of 5 novels and one poetry collection, A Late Disorder
The inaugural issue features 23 poets. Sixty percent of writers in the first issue live or work in Delaware or elsewhere on the Delmarva Peninsula.
The Delaware Poetry Review was formed when the editors of five well-respected, award-winning journals in Delaware, Virginia, and Washington, DC (Bay Oak Press, Beltway Poetry Quarterly, Bogg, Delmarva Quarterly, Delmarva Review, and Gargoyle) decided to collaborate on a new project together. The group has met regularly each winter for the past three years at the Milton Poetry Festival in Milton, DE. "It's exciting to have this opportunity to learn from one another," says Kim Roberts of Beltway Poetry Quarterly. "We have combined our different skills to publish a truly engrossing magazine that shows off the best the Mid-Atlantic has to offer--and beyond."
To read the Delaware Poetry Review, please see: http://www.depoetry.com/.
Links to this post: