Monday, June 04, 2007
From the Sublime to the Absurd - Book Expo 2007
- I was given a rice krispies treat in the shape of a dog bone by a human dressed as Snoopy. Brought it home to Ben, who gave it the gastronomic thumbs up.
- Bloomsbury USA is publishing I'm a Lebowski, You're a Lebowski, "the ultimate fan book to the cult classic," and served up -- what else? -- white russians.
- Eric Felten, author of the forthcoming How's Your Drink? made me a rum shrub, a cocktail, he tells me, of colonial vintage: rum, raspberry syrup, and ginger ale. The book's coming out from Agate Publishing.
- Oxford University Press had mouse pads in the shape of artichokes, promoting their new guide to Italian food.
- Chocolate abounded, as did costumes: the aforementioned Snoopy, a Darth Vader, a prostitute, and someone who I guess was meant to be God.
Of the many, many good things -- a new novel by Kwame Dawes called She's Gone, from Akashic Books. An "Iraqi rhapsody" called I'jaam by poet Sinan Antoon, from City Lights. Meeting folks from Coffee House Press, with a new book by Ron Padget; Milkweed Editions, who kindly gave me a copy of Every War Has Two Losers, William Stafford's writings on war and peace; Archipelago Books, who publish poetry in translation, including Mahmoud Darwish; and a favorite poet of mine, Barbara Ras, who is now running Trinity University Press, in San Antonio.
Read Barbara's poem, "You Can't Have It All," from her book Bite Every Sorrow, here.
Now thoroughly fried, and having worked all morning trying to get caught up (and only just denting the To Do list...) I think I will take a nap.
I always heard something from my neighbor that he sometimes goes to the internet bar to play the game which will use him some gw gold，he usually can win a lot of GuildWars Gold，then he let his friends all have some Guild Wars Gold，his friends thank him very much for introducing them the GuildWars money，they usually cheap gw gold together.
Links to this post: