Thursday, May 18, 2006

 

The publishing hordes are upon us

BookExpo USA has arrived in town, with all its attendant selling and debauching. Last night I had dinner at Yosaku with my high school friend Steve Tager, who heads sales at Abrams, and his brother Evan. Then took Steve to Busboys & Poets to show the place off and share a chocolate mousse cake. (Run, don't walk, to B&P and order this incomparable cake!) Steve was duly impressed - with B&P and the cake; confirmed what we in DC have long suspected: that there is no place like it in New York. We are the lucky ones!

Tonight, more events and parties. Then on Friday I hope to get inside the convention center and check out the scene: supposedly a staggering number of publishers' booths, hawking their wares (um - I mean, talking about books...!) I'll report back.

Comments:
See you there!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?